Thai Police Certificate
Thai Police Certificate is a Thailand criminal record check that will identify any criminal convictions a person has received. This is the most standard type of background check in Thailand. Both Thai citizens and foreigners who have resided in Thailand for more than 6 months, may be required a criminal record check or a Thai Police Clearance Certificate from Royal Thai Police.
This is mandatory, especially for immigration purposes may it be in Thailand or overseas.
Eligibility requirements for obtaining a Thai Police Clearance Certificate:
- · Applicants currently on short-stay visas (US Visa, UK Visa, Australian Visa) & US Fiancee Visa, UK Fiancee Visa
- · Applicants previously residing in Thailand on short-stay visas (Thai Marriage Visa, Thai Retirement Visa)
- · Applicants currently in Thailand on non-immigrant visas or extension of stay
- · Applicants previously residing in Thailand on non-immigrant visas or extension of stay
Document requirements for obtaining a Thai Police Clearance Certificate:
- · Old and current passport with Thai Immigration stamps
- · Copy of Thai Work Permit, if applicable
- · Letter of request from the agency or organization requiring your Thai Police Clearance Certificate
- · Two recent photographs, passport size
- · Two sets of fingerprints, taken at the local police
An applicant will not pass the police character requirement test if:
If a person has notable criminal record, either sentenced to 12 months or more in prison, or multiple convictions adding up to more than 24 months in prison. Any suspended conviction is still considered as a prison sentence.
If a person has been convicted of any violation committed while in the immigration detention, either an escape from immigration detention or if convicted of the offense of escaping from immigration detention
If a person has any association, in the past or present, with any group or organisation known to have been or is currently involved in criminal activities
If a person is deemed to lack of good moral character, related to past or present criminal conduct
If a person is deemed to lack of good moral character, related to past or present general conduct
This certificate is a strict requirement and cannot be bypassed to proceed with visa and immigration processes. Need police certificate assistance in Thailand? Contact us today!