UK Spouse Visa for Thai
The UK spouse visa for Thai is another type of a settlement visa for the UK which is intended for your Thai spouse to use to enter the UK and stay there for good. When granted the UK Spouse Visa, the applicant (being your Thai wife) is given a two-year multiple entry stay in the UK. After which she will be entitled to a permanent residence status also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
UK Spouse Visa for Thai
Your Thai spouse can also work in the UK by obtaining a work permit from the Home office. Note that you would have had to have registered your marriage in Thailand as a 'village wedding' is not legally binding. This is what you would be looking at for a UK visa document checklist for Thailand. The UK visa document checklist is a good starting point when applying for a UK visa from Thailand.
UK Spouse Visa for Thai - Thai Requirements
The Thai spouse should be:
- – Legally married to the British spouse
- – In good health especially free of TB
- – Has no criminal records
- – Able to provide proof of en-going genuine marital relationship
Both visa applicant and British spouse will collect their own documents required for the application. These documents will be collated together to become the visa application packet and to be submitted with VFS- a UK government-appointed agency that sorts out UK visa applications. VFS will in turn forward the application to the UK embassy for the evaluation.
UK Spouse Visa for Thai - British Requirements
The British spouse should be:
- – Legally married to the visa applicant
- – Able to show proof of accommodation in the UK
- – Provide substantial evidence of on-going, genuine relationship i.e. photos together
- – Financially stable
Applying a UK Spouse Visa can be a daunting experience for first time visa applicants. To ensure the success of your spouse visa application enlisting the services of a reputable visa agent is advised.
UK Spouse Visa Checklist
- – Consultation
- – Comprehensive list of the required documents from the visa applicant and sponsor
- – Assistance with collecting the required documents
- – Assistance with obtaining a police report for the fiancée
- – Assistance with medical check-up for the fiancée
- – Professional Preparation of the visa application papers and supporting documents
- – Interview training – Submission of the visa application to the VFS
- – Update on the developments and results of the visa application
Find a legal team of foreign immigration staff specialising in UK Visas such as Family Visit Visa, Student visa, UK Fiancee Visa for Thai or UK Spouse Visa for Thai. If you are not married then you will need a UK Fiancee visa from Thailand. Don't apply for a UK tourist visa as this may be viewed as fraud by the British Immigration service.