Obtaining a Boat License (New license)
Application for new license entails completing the prescribed application form and to be submitted to Boat Registration Division, Marine Department or Regional Marine Office or Branch of Regional Marine Office within the owner’s area of residence.
The application should be supporting by the following documents:
New license registration
Forms provided by the Marine Department
- – Application form for registering new license (Form Gor. 5)
- – Boat Inspection Application (Form Bor. 1)
- – Thai Boat Acquisition Application. (Form. Gor. 57)
Boat ownership documents
- – Copy of Identification Card or Passport
- – Other documents (specify)
- – House registration and Partnership registration certificate
- – Managing partner certificate
- – Company registration certificate
- – Memorandum of association and Article of association Certificate (company)
- – Shareholder list (company)
- – Evidence of hull ownership / boat license
Boat built or purchased within the country
- – Receipt issued by manufacturer or builder or seller
- – Receipt for purchased materials, accessories, etc.
- – Boat construction agreement (if any)
- – Receipt for engine sale
- – Bill of sale for boat and engine
Boat imported from a foreign country
- – Bill of sale and Thai translation
- – Cash receipt and Thai translation
- – Boat deletion certificate and Thai translation
- – Evidence issued by the Customs Department (Form 32) and/or
- – Cash receipt issued by the Customs Department
– Boats which are still outside of Thailand can already be registered as Thai boats under Ministerial Regulation Volume 68 (A.D. 1997). When the boat is brought to Thailand and passed the customs clearance, the boat owner must submit the import evidence issued by the Customs Department.
– If the boat is intended for business i.e. carrying passengers, the insurance for life and injury of the passengers must be provided according to the Ministerial Regulation Volume 67 (A.D. 1996).
– A boat to be registered under cargo ship category requires a permit from the Cargo Ship Committee be obtained first.
https://www.lawfirm-bangkok.com/maritime-law/obtaining-a-boat-license-new-license.htmlhttps://www.lawfirm-bangkok.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/monaco-yacht-show-6-1560327-640x480.jpghttps://www.lawfirm-bangkok.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/monaco-yacht-show-6-1560327-640x480-150x150.jpgMaritime LawApplication for new license entails completing the prescribed application form and to be submitted to Boat Registration Division, Marine Department or Regional Marine Office or Branch of Regional Marine Office within the owner’s area of residence. The application should be supporting by the following documents: New license registration Forms provided by the...JS email@example.comAdministratorBangkok Law Firm