Thai Prenuptial Agreements
Thai Prenuptial Agreements in Thailand? Prenuptial agreements in Thailand are among those special agreements between marrying people that is legally binding under Thai law provided that the agreement is well drafted, agreed upon and signed by both parties and registered during the marriage registration at the district office.
The prenuptial agreement has to be in Thai & English and should be drafted by a qualified lawyer in order to ensure that provisions are consistent with Thai law and the foreign jurisdiction of the foreign spouse.
Advantages of having a Prenuptial Agreement
Thai law states that in the event of divorce or dissolution of marriage, properties, assets and income acquired by couple during marriage will be treated as conjugal properties and will be divided equally between parties. This precludes properties acquired by either party via inheritance or as a personal gift. Needless to say, properties and assets obtained before marriage remain the personal property of each party even after the marriage.
However, there may be future incomes or pension or properties which you will be receiving or buying during your marriage a prenuptial agreement can cover these things along with other concerns such spousal maintenance or child support. In the event of Thai divorce, a registered prenuptial agreement shall be followed in regards to the distribution of assets and properties.
Who can avail of a Thai Prenuptial Agreement?
You should consider having a Thai prenup if you fall into any of the following categories:
Thai Prenuptial Agreement advantages if:
- — You have assets such as a home, stock or retirement funds
- — Own all or part of a business
- — You may be receiving an inheritance
- — You have children and/or grandchildren from a previous marriage
- — One of you is much wealthier than the other
- — One of you will be supporting the other through college
- — You have loved ones who need to be taken care of, such as elderly parents
- — You have or are pursuing a degree or license in a potentially lucrative profession
- — You could see a big increase in income because your business is taking off.
Thai Prenuptial Agreement
Having your Thai prenuptial drafted by a qualified lawyer is recommended to ensure that provisions are legally binding in both Thai and foreign jurisdictions thereby, giving utmost protections to your assets, investments and properties.
Prenuptial Agreement Checklist
- — Free consultation
- — Prenuptial agreements in both Thai and English languages
- — Explanation of the agreement to your Thai fiancée by our Thai lawyer
- — Signing of the prenuptial agreement
- — Registration of the prenuptial if marriage is done in Thailand
Find attorneys in Thailand who specialize in drafting and preparing Prenuptial Agreement tailored to clients’ specific needs. We also have experience practice on international Prenuptial Agreement such as, USA, UK, EU, Australia, Canada and Thailand. Please let our professional team assist you on your Prenuptial Agreement.
https://www.lawfirm-bangkok.com/family/thai-prenuptial-agreements.htmlhttps://www.lawfirm-bangkok.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ID-100155813.jpghttps://www.lawfirm-bangkok.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ID-100155813-150x150.jpgThai Family LawThai Prenuptial Agreements in Thailand? Prenuptial agreements in Thailand are among those special agreements between marrying people that is legally binding under Thai law provided that the agreement is well drafted, agreed upon and signed by both parties and registered during the marriage registration at the district office. The prenuptial...JS email@example.comAdministratorBangkok Law Firm